Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Bruce and I had Thanksgiving together this year just the two of us. It was nice to not have the stress of time schedules, and we ended up hanging out and cooking all day.

I've done cooking on Thanksgiving, but never everything from scratch. We didn't even make very many dishes, but it was quite a bit of work. Mentally more so maybe. We just don't do that much cooking these days. So, psychologically I think it's more tiring. My grandmother used to bake bread, can vegetables, do dishes, and cook stock as a daily routine. Today is just a different time.

I am most happy with the pumpkin cupcakes we made. It was nice to have something traditional and non-traditional rolled into one. And other than the icing (we didn't have any vegan cream cheese) the cupcakes were vegan. I was actually amazed at how great they tasted.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Sounds so nice, especially the cupcakes! Glad you had a relaxing time together.