Saturday, November 1, 2008

Finding a name

In trying to come up with a name for this blog, I tried wordbite and then wordbites. Both were taken and have been defunct for three to five years. I can't help but wonder if blogger needs some system of recycling urls. I am sure there were many enthusiastic people in 2003 who thought they would become regular bloggers who soon lost interest. And you know those people have all the best names out there.

Fortunately for me, I settled on Word Byte because it's actually more fitting since I'm writing words on a computer. Maybe others out there have not been so lucky and live in anguish of the url that never was. This may become a cyber-pandemic at some point.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You know, I often run into this problem when trying to help people set up yahoo emails. All the decent handles are taken and I'm sure that some of them have been abandoned. I know I have a few abandoned emails out there. The phone company reuses old numbers, it seems like eventually blog sites and email sites will have to also.