Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Oops

I did not get around to posting here yesterday, but I did post on another blog. I am a bit sad about the fact that I missed it, but there was a lot going on yesterday and I ended up falling asleep. But a good conversation with a good friend is a good reason to let blogging slip my mind.

I am reposting my tumblr post below (and using the time stamp from over there). I hope it's ok to "fudge" a little bit.

  • Reporter: I know a lot of homeless sleep on heating grates in cold areas of the country. Does that harm them in any way?
  • Doctor: No, they are just sleeping on them to try and keep warm.
  • Reporter: So it doesn't get too hot or cause any kind of complications?
  • Doctor: No.
  • Reporter: When you practice "street medicine" do you try to keep them from sleeping on the grates?
  • Doctor: [pause] No, it can really be a matter of life or death for people living on the streets in cold climates.
I usually like to keep tumblr light but my last few posts over there have been things that have shocked me. I really can't understand how the reporter could miss the point so completely. I suppose when you are warm and well-fed it's not so easy to understand the immediate problems other people might be facing.

No comments: