Monday, November 17, 2008

Searching and searching and...

The internet makes our lives easier, except when it doesn't. Do you know this feeling? I have been searching my inbox for one email among 10,747 and I can't remember the company who sent it so my searches don't really get me anywhere.

I've been using Yahoo for years and just haven't made the switch completely to Gmail which is oh so superior. So I'm kicking myself in more than one way.

And, of course, this email was sent at least nine months ago and I haven't needed it since, but suddenly it's the most important thing in the world to find.

If every email was a physical note I wouldn't have 10,747 of those puppies, so why is my cyber life so cluttered?

3 comments:

Sara said...

Good luck finding it. I bookmarked a product once and was never able to find it, even in my many Google searches.

Unknown said...

I did find it! I'm so excited!!!

Jennifer said...

I wonder, though, how many pages of junk mail I actually get in a year. Granted, it's nowhere hear 10,000, but I would say ... at least a letter in an envelope every day, usually two, sometimes three or more - 600/yr? ... then a supermarket flyer from each of three supermarkets every week - 150/yr? ... then a stupid Valley newspaper every week - 50/yr ... and then the catalogs and catalogs and catalogs ... It's ridiculous!! and I'm just ONE person in ONE town in ONE state and I'm not a big spender. I think I'd rather get spam. It's quicker to hit delete than to sort it for recycling and trash and the electricity it wastes isn't as bad as the trees and resources that junk mail eats up.

But you know what SERIOUSLY pisses me off? Junk faxes!!!! At work we get tons of them and we're paying for the paper and printer cartridges that get used up!!