Friday, November 12, 2010

Gratitude: Day 2

Dentists. I know it's a strange thing to be thankful for, but it's so important. But, I just came from there. I am so appreciative to have a dentist who cares as much as the one I have been going to for the last four years.

I volunteered at the Connecticut Mission of Mercy last year. It was humbling to be a part of that dental clinic where dentists volunteered to treat as many patients as they could in 2 days.

Total patients treated: 2,052
Total value of charitable dental care: $970,843
Number of volunteers: 1,640
Cities, towns, & villages represented: 266

The location changes. The 2011 clinic is scheduled to take place in April in Waterbury. If you want to be part of something important and worthwhile I suggest you check it out.

No comments: