Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gratitude: Day 20

Helping people. I am fortunate enough to get to do work that is rewarding. Giving talks on health, answering peoples' questions and working one-on-one with individuals gives me the opportunity to make the world a better place. Health really does start with food--but most people are too confused by what they see on television and/or find the topic too boring to give it much thought. I enjoy the challenge of combating those two issues and helping people to feel better.
Over the years certain experiences, even knowing certain people, really cemented a level of concern about people's relationship with food. In school, reading study after study and learning from progressive doctors, chefs, and authors, was an amazing experience--even eye opening for someone who had given the topic a lot of thought. I am grateful for all I've learned both in and out of the classroom. I am equally grateful for the opportunity to plant seeds that help people feel better.

No comments: